Wednesday, December 30, 2009

29 Weeks

Jesse and I had an absolutely amazing Christmas! We started off our festivities with Christmas Eve dinner and Secret Santa at the VanRossum's. We woke up Christmas morning and went next door to Dan and Deb's for a big brunch and presents with the Maynard clan! Next, we were off to the Bisio's for the afternoon, and topped off the evening with my Dad at  Grammy and Papa Snyder's for dinner and Festivus. The day after Christmas we had my Attleboro girlies and their significants over for Pot Luck and hang out. It's been quite the fun schedule and so wonderful to enjoy all the company of our family and friends this week.

Monday I had my one hour glucose test at the Dr's to check for gestational diabetes. I got the results back and all is well which is great because I really did not want to do the 3 hour test if I failed. However, they did find me to be anemic so I am now taking iron supplements and trying to incorporate more steak (which Jesse will love) and leafy greens in my diet. This does explain why I have felt more tuckered out than usual lately, but I'm glad there is an easy remedy.

Jesse has been working hard on the baby's room during his vacation week this week. It is really coming along and getting us even more excited for our little one's arrival soon. I will post some before and after pictures at the end of the week for the big reveal. Also, today the Maynard family bassinet (handcrafted by Jesse's Grandpa Bob Maynard) made it's way into our home to get set up and ready for March!

Our little man is now 29 weeks. He is soaking up all my nutrients especially calcium to help his hardening skeleton. His head is growing bigger to accommodate his growing brain. He is just a few inches short of his birth length, but will more than double his weight in his last 11 weeks.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your glucose test came out ok! You now have permission to eat more ice cream!! :) Be sure to take that iron and you & Jesse can enjoy more red meat & salads!! Picked up some crates, etc. from the gap as we are cleaning out.....along w/a few "little" things for the little man :)! I am LOVING it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete