Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Diaper


Go to fullsize image
Jesse, Jaxson, and I spent our first weekend down at the lake house with the Maynard family for Mother's Day. Jaxson enjoyed sitting by the fire listening to everyone talk and seeing the lake and koi pond for the first time. Mom, Dad, and baby all slept together snug as a bug in a rug. 
In true Jesse fashion he gave me my mother's day gift in a very creative way. Jesse brought Jaxson upstairs to visit with Great Grandma for a little bit then came down for a diaper change. He wanted to change the baby on the couch in front of the family. So I helped him with the duty since Jesse seemed sure there was a #2 in store for us. He opened up the diaper and Jaxson let his fire hose loose by peeing on the wall...silly boy. I then saw what was not a normal poop in his diaper. Immediately I ran through all the different things I ate yesterday that could of created such an unusual substance from my lil boy. I started to clean up Jaxson with the wipe as Jesse smelled the poop and said it smelled like peanut butter...and it did. Well that was because it was peanut butter strategically placed by my dear husband, and slowly I realized that this was a joke on me yet I was still confused. Jesse then grabbed a piece of the peanut butter poo and gave it to me and said I think something is in there for you. Of course I looked at him like he had 4 heads, but based upon his smile and everyone watching me I knew this was leading to something. A beautiful Mother and Child necklace was wrapped in plastic hidden within the peanut butter. This for sure will be a Mother's Day I will never forget for many wonderful reasons. I will always wear my necklace and think of my amazing husband and son, the wonderful gift of being a Mom, and of course peanut butter. 
See full size image
Thank you Jesse and Jaxson for allowing me to have the special gift and joy of being a Mommy! I love you both more than you could ever know! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. ok.....now THAT made me cry! Jesse....you are SO creative and I know that I will NEVER look at peanut butter the same! LOL! I sure am glad that you wrapped the beautiful necklace in plastic before covering it in peanut butter!!! Shannon, you are a wonderful mom and all of you are so very lucky to have each other! We love you guys....TONS!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete