Friday, September 11, 2009

Telling My Students

Some of the parents at school were starting to question other parents and teachers about whether or not Mrs. Maynard was pregnant. So today I decided to get the word out and tell my lovely 2nd grade students that their teacher was going to have a baby, and was not just getting fat. I decided to tell them by playing Hangman before lunch. It wasn't till there were only a few letters left did all the hands start going up wanting to solve the puzzle "Mrs Maynard is having a baby". They were all very excited. One little sweetie kept hugging me all day saying she was hugging the baby and wouldn't stop thinking about her teacher having a baby till it arrived. Some thought it was going to arrive next month, others thought next year. Overall, the response was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment