Thursday, March 11, 2010

39 Weeks/ Doctors Appointment

Typically we take a belly picture every 2 weeks, but he could be coming soon and this could be our last belly photo so Jesse and I took one for this week too! I had very mild contractions all day yesterday about 15 minutes apart. Jesse and I put the hospital bag by the door just incase last night (wishful thinking). However, the night didn't bring any more progress, just a lot of tossing and turning. 
Today I had my 39 week appointment. I tipped the scales at 150 adding yet another errr 2 pounds, total weight gain...35 pounds all belly of course ; ). My blood pressure was a little higher but still okay at 138/84, and baby's heartbeat was great. The doctor did check to see if my body was getting ready to bring baby into this world...and it is! I am 2 to 3 cm dilated. She said that could change in a day or a week. So it's still a waiting game, but at least we got some progress.  
(I think I was having a contraction during this pic!)

4 comments:

  1. Still look great!! I was around 2cm when I was admitted and had to do lots of walking!! :)
    Good luck!! We will be thinking of you all!!
    Pam, Paul, Jacob and Matty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon..so happy the time is coming near. Just so you know I was 4 cm for over a week before I had Marcus and my SIL was 4 for over 2 weeks. I just don't want you to be disappointed if it doesn't happen right away. Unfortunately being dilated isn't really a sign that it will happen quicker although knowing you're progressing is a nice feeling. Can't wait to hear your good news!

    XOXOOXXO Amy,Jonny and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Shanni you look excited/nervous/tired!!! I am so happy for you and Jesse. Sounds like things are moving along... can't wait for the big news :o) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanni~ I think you are near to having your little one all swaddled up and in your arms! You look like you "dropped" and the dilation is a good sign! ( I know you can "stay" there for some time, but you are headed in the right direction! ) Like I said, I WASN'T dilated or effaced AT ALL, @ my last doctor's appt w/the dude. and her arrived that night :)! I haven't called as a million people are probably calling to ask the "infamous" question and I don't want to pester you! I am thinking about you and awaiting the big news! Love to all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete