Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome Family and Friends!


Since many of our loved ones are both near and far I've created this blog so that miles and busy lifestyles don't separate us from keeping in touch and sharing with you the journey, joy and growth of our little miracle. It's taken us almost a year and a half and some reproductive medical assistance to get here, but it's finally here. Yippee! Jesse and I are beyond excited to be able to include you in all our news and pregnancy progress. So stay tuned!
This picture at 4 weeks preggy was taken on July 8th (my Mom's birthday). This was the day Jesse and I found out we were going to be parents. I had my blood drawn in the a.m. to see if our procedure had worked and would not know the results till the afternoon. I had no reason yet to suspect that this cycle was a negative, and because I had taken a million home pregnancy tests before in the past 16 months I decided why not take one. I was used to seeing it stare at me blank. Well I was completely shocked when I saw the faint second line appear. So I ran to CVS and bought a digital response test. I needed more concrete evidence. Tears of joy flowed as I saw that wonderful word "pregnant" appear in under a minute. So I wrapped up the test in a box and waited for Jesse to come home to open up his present. The nurse called with our blood results which came back positive, so I had double confirmation now...it was for real! Jesse's expression upon opening the box, and seeing the positive test was priceless. We both couldn't believed it worked especially since our Doctor was not very optimistic this cycle. We then shared the news that evening with our siblings and parents. 
"Faith is not believing that God can. It is knowing that He will"
Our first ultrasound was taken on July 30th at 7 weeks 1 day. We were able to see one little blueberry sized baby, it's little heart flicker, and hear it beating at 140 beats per minute...amazing! At the end of our appointment Dr. Baghavath shook our hands and said we had graduated from the Infertility Clinic and were now off to the OBGYN! We are so thankful for the care and help they gave us!
Here I am at 8 weeks on August 5th. Not too much to show yet for our raspberry sized baby. However, look how much longer my hair is from the 4 week belly shot seen above. Must be those great prenatal vitamins. Next belly photo will be taken at 12 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you both! Auntie Courtney is going to spoil that baby rotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I'm crying here at my desk!!! I'm so happy for you, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete